Friday 1 May 2015

ARRGGHHH!!!

Look who came to visit today....




I counted my top border stitches, 242 of them, at least 6 times.  AT LEAST!   Today, as I was working on the gold just inside the border, I realised that something was wrong.  45 minutes it took me... FORTY-FIVE MINUTES!  I counted everything over and over, certain that that first line of the border that I had done was correct - I'd counted it alt least 6 times.  Finally, I heaved a great sigh and counted that bottom row of burgundyish stitches.

I WAS ONE STITCH SHORT!

ONE STITCH!

Many four letter words left my mouth.

So, could I fudge it?  I studied my chart and decided that no... that wasn't going to cut it.  I had to frog all those stitches.  I had to RIPPIT.

It took me over an hour to rip out all those stitches.  I really could cry, but I've been stitching for over 20 years and I know this is how it rolls sometimes.  So the stitches have been ripped and I'm ready to start adding stitches once again.

Tomorrow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment